* Dress: The caverns temperature stays a comfortable 52 degrees F year round. As an active caverns, there is some dripping water on normal days. During periods of heavy sustained rain the caverns can be very wet & drippy. For maximum comfort, please consider a jacket or sweater most days & rainproof jackets after a heavy rain. Shoe comfort is up to the individual. The caverns walkway can be damp or wet in places. It is best to avoid shoes with hard or thick soles. High heeled shoes are not generally recommended due to walking on an open grate at one point of the tour. Sweatshirts & rain ponchos are available for sale in our gift shop.
* Strollers & Backpacks: Due to the confined spaces & low hanging rocks, we do not allow strollers or child-carrying backpacks within the caverns. If you are waiting in line to tour you may wish to keep your infant/child in the stroller or backpack till time for your tour. Our porch person will gladly store your equipment while you are on tour or you may consider locking these items in your vehicle. NOTE: Baby front carrying packs ARE allowed on the tour. For older toddlers please consider carrying your child while on tour.
* Wheelchairs: Linville Caverns is one of a few caverns that is partially wheelchair accessible. Please note that there is one step onto the covered porch where tours begin & there is a concrete ramp with approximately 30 degree slope down to the cave door. Once inside the caverns the concrete walkway is fairly smooth & level. There are two places that a wheelchair cannot access...first is a dead-end passage into the narrowest section of the caverns & you may wait at the entrance to this section, second is in the back of the caverns where it is necessary to climb a few flat steps going into one room & you may move to the left to meet the tour as it comes back to the main level. If you need assistance getting a wheelchair onto the porch area, please let our staff know & we will gladly assist you. Restroom facilities are wheelchair accessible.
* Restrooms: There are no restrooms within the caverns. The restrooms are cleaned & locked each day at closing. If you are on one of the final tours of the day, the restrooms will be closed by the time you come out of the caverns. Please take the time to use the facilities BEFORE starting the tour.
* Photography: Flash photography is allowed inside the caverns. If using a video camera, we ask that you do not use an external light source such as a spotlight. We do not allow the use of tripods or unipods on the tour. Due to dim lighting in the caverns, please be respectful of others when aiming your flash within some ones direct sight. Disposable flash cameras are available in our gift shop.
* Payment: We gladly accept cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express & travelers checks as payment for your tour and/or merchandise. We DO NOT accept personal checks.
* Pets: Visitors may carry a pet on the 35 minute tour. Pets on a leash are not allowed within the caverns.
Linville Caverns ~ 19929 US 221 North ~ Marion, NC ~ 28752 800~419~0540 828~756~4171 email@example.com